Two arrested for trying to kill baby
Jajpur (Odisha): Two men were arrested for allegedly attempting to kill an eleven-month-old baby by slitting his throat with a sharp weapon at Susua Thakurpatana village in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said on Saturday.
The seriously injured baby was first admitted to local government hospital and then shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after his condition deteriorated.
While two persons identified as Basanta Sahu (30) of Sathibati-Dhobapokhari and Raj Kishore Jena (31) of Kantibanka village were arrested, another accused Tapas Nayak (31) of Susua Thakurpatana village is still at large, police said.
According to the FIR filed with the Mangalpur police Tapas Nayak alias Bhima of her village entered into the room of Urmila Bai along with two of his aides late Wednesday night while she was sleeping with her eleven-month-old son.
Suddenly she woke up after hearing cries of her baby. She found the trio lifted her son and when she raised an alarm, they threw the baby boy in the courtyard after slitting his throat with a sharp weapon, they said.
The seriously injured baby was admitted to the local government hospital at Mangalpur and then shifted to district headquarters hospital at Jajpur town and finally to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after his condition deteriorated, police said adding the baby`s condition is stable and he is out of danger, police said.
After arresting two of the accused yesterday, police is trying to nab Bhima. Efforts are on to ascertain the motive behind the crime, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan