Two killed, 18 injured in accident in Odisha
Phulbani: Two persons were killed and 18 others were injured when a state government bus in which they were travelling collided with a road side tree in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said Friday.
The incident took place last night at Kochilagarh under Tikabali Police Station area. The bus was travelling from Bandhabahal to Berhampur with about 44 passengers. The accident occurred when the driver reportedly lost control over the vehicle, sources said.
The injured were immediately admitted at the local Tikabali PHC and district headquarters hospital at Phulbani where condition of three passengers are stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri
- Anantnag bypolls: Mehbooba Mufti wins by over 12,000 votes, Congress calls it "murder of democracy"
- World stocks tumble; lose over $2 trillion as Britain votes for EU exit