Two Maoists surrender in Orissa`s Jajpur district
Jajpur: Two Maoists, including a teenage girl, on Saturday surrendered before police in Jajpur district, police said.
Tukuna Badara alias Rakesh (20) and Suturi Jamuda alias Madhuri (15) surrendered without arms, SP Deepak Kumar said.
The duo was active in Jajpur, Dhenkanal and Keonjhar districts since 2009. They were also suspected of being involved in a blast at Dozer Padia under Kalinga Nagar area last year, he said.
The two decided to shun violence and join the mainstream as they were disillusioned with Maoist activities, he said.
The duo joined the banned group after they were tortured and not given food for days by the ultras, he claimed.
The surrendered ultras would be rehabilitated as per the government policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!