Two Maoists surrender in Orissa`s Jajpur district
Jajpur: Two Maoists, including a teenage girl, on Saturday surrendered before police in Jajpur district, police said.
Tukuna Badara alias Rakesh (20) and Suturi Jamuda alias Madhuri (15) surrendered without arms, SP Deepak Kumar said.
The duo was active in Jajpur, Dhenkanal and Keonjhar districts since 2009. They were also suspected of being involved in a blast at Dozer Padia under Kalinga Nagar area last year, he said.
The two decided to shun violence and join the mainstream as they were disillusioned with Maoist activities, he said.
The duo joined the banned group after they were tortured and not given food for days by the ultras, he claimed.
The surrendered ultras would be rehabilitated as per the government policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!