Two Maoists surrender in Orissa`s Jajpur district
Jajpur: Two Maoists, including a teenage girl, on Saturday surrendered before police in Jajpur district, police said.
Tukuna Badara alias Rakesh (20) and Suturi Jamuda alias Madhuri (15) surrendered without arms, SP Deepak Kumar said.
The duo was active in Jajpur, Dhenkanal and Keonjhar districts since 2009. They were also suspected of being involved in a blast at Dozer Padia under Kalinga Nagar area last year, he said.
The two decided to shun violence and join the mainstream as they were disillusioned with Maoist activities, he said.
The duo joined the banned group after they were tortured and not given food for days by the ultras, he claimed.
The surrendered ultras would be rehabilitated as per the government policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'