Two Maoists surrender in Orissa`s Jajpur district
Jajpur: Two Maoists, including a teenage girl, on Saturday surrendered before police in Jajpur district, police said.
Tukuna Badara alias Rakesh (20) and Suturi Jamuda alias Madhuri (15) surrendered without arms, SP Deepak Kumar said.
The duo was active in Jajpur, Dhenkanal and Keonjhar districts since 2009. They were also suspected of being involved in a blast at Dozer Padia under Kalinga Nagar area last year, he said.
The two decided to shun violence and join the mainstream as they were disillusioned with Maoist activities, he said.
The duo joined the banned group after they were tortured and not given food for days by the ultras, he claimed.
The surrendered ultras would be rehabilitated as per the government policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH