Two wanted Maoists arrested from Orissa
Koraput: Two wanted Maoists,
including a woman from their Andhra Pradesh cadre, were
arrested Wednesday from Koraput district, police said.
The ultras, carrying a cash reward of Rs one lakh each
in Andhra Pradesh, were involved in a series of offences
including the attacks on Nalco`s bauxite mines at Damanjodi in
2009 and Nayagarh mayhem of 2008, they said.
The Maoists, identified as Murla Nelam Reddy alias
Raju alias Sukdev of Galkonda village under Yramvaram police
limits and Sunitha Pangi of Peddapaddu village, were also
involved in the killing of a contractor in Koraput.
Acting on a tip-off about movement of Maoists, a
police team conducted a raid and arrested the duo from
Narayanpatna area, Koraput district Superintendent of Police
Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The rebels have confessed to police about their
involvement in several violent incidents in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'