Two wanted Maoists arrested from Orissa
Koraput: Two wanted Maoists,
including a woman from their Andhra Pradesh cadre, were
arrested Wednesday from Koraput district, police said.
The ultras, carrying a cash reward of Rs one lakh each
in Andhra Pradesh, were involved in a series of offences
including the attacks on Nalco`s bauxite mines at Damanjodi in
2009 and Nayagarh mayhem of 2008, they said.
The Maoists, identified as Murla Nelam Reddy alias
Raju alias Sukdev of Galkonda village under Yramvaram police
limits and Sunitha Pangi of Peddapaddu village, were also
involved in the killing of a contractor in Koraput.
Acting on a tip-off about movement of Maoists, a
police team conducted a raid and arrested the duo from
Narayanpatna area, Koraput district Superintendent of Police
Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The rebels have confessed to police about their
involvement in several violent incidents in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi