Two wanted Maoists arrested from Orissa
Koraput: Two wanted Maoists,
including a woman from their Andhra Pradesh cadre, were
arrested Wednesday from Koraput district, police said.
The ultras, carrying a cash reward of Rs one lakh each
in Andhra Pradesh, were involved in a series of offences
including the attacks on Nalco`s bauxite mines at Damanjodi in
2009 and Nayagarh mayhem of 2008, they said.
The Maoists, identified as Murla Nelam Reddy alias
Raju alias Sukdev of Galkonda village under Yramvaram police
limits and Sunitha Pangi of Peddapaddu village, were also
involved in the killing of a contractor in Koraput.
Acting on a tip-off about movement of Maoists, a
police team conducted a raid and arrested the duo from
Narayanpatna area, Koraput district Superintendent of Police
Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The rebels have confessed to police about their
involvement in several violent incidents in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened