Uproar in Assembly over deferment of Exam
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Assembly Thursday
witnessed uproarious scenes over deferrment of the annual high school certificate examination due to theft of question papers from a school in Puri district which also led to suicide bid
by a female student.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the
opposition BJP and Congress members rushed to well of the house while some of them attempted to climb on the speaker`s
dais demanding a ruling from the chair.
The Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress
and the BJP legislature party leader KV Singhdeo cautioned the state government asking it not to play with future of above five lakh students across the state.
The opposition members too asked the government to
make proper arrangement so that the students could re-appear
the examination without any hassles.
"The state government is responsible for the plight of
the students. Why should the students suffer for no fault of
their`s," asked Singhdeo adding that the persons responsible
for the theft of question papers should be given exemplary
punishment in order to ensure that the incident was not repeated in future.
Independent MLA Pratap Sarangi asked the government to
bear all the expenses of the students who would re-appear the
examination. "As a majority of the students appearing the
state board examination belonged to poor families, the state
need to bear the burden of expenses," Sarangi said.
Sarangi also demanded resignation of the School and
Mass Education Minister for the theft of question paper
leading to deferment of the annual board examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!