Uproar in Assembly over deferment of Exam
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Assembly Thursday
witnessed uproarious scenes over deferrment of the annual high school certificate examination due to theft of question papers from a school in Puri district which also led to suicide bid
by a female student.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the
opposition BJP and Congress members rushed to well of the house while some of them attempted to climb on the speaker`s
dais demanding a ruling from the chair.
The Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress
and the BJP legislature party leader KV Singhdeo cautioned the state government asking it not to play with future of above five lakh students across the state.
The opposition members too asked the government to
make proper arrangement so that the students could re-appear
the examination without any hassles.
"The state government is responsible for the plight of
the students. Why should the students suffer for no fault of
their`s," asked Singhdeo adding that the persons responsible
for the theft of question papers should be given exemplary
punishment in order to ensure that the incident was not repeated in future.
Independent MLA Pratap Sarangi asked the government to
bear all the expenses of the students who would re-appear the
examination. "As a majority of the students appearing the
state board examination belonged to poor families, the state
need to bear the burden of expenses," Sarangi said.
Sarangi also demanded resignation of the School and
Mass Education Minister for the theft of question paper
leading to deferment of the annual board examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister