W Orissa under intense heat, respite in coastal areas
Bhubaneswar: Western Orissa continued to
reel under blistering heat with maximum temperature soaring
to 45.6 degree Celsius in Sambalpur today, though coastal
areas had a respite with fall in mercury.
While a maximum of 45.2 degrees was recorded at
Hirakud, areas like Jharsuguda and Titlagarh continued to boil
at 45 degrees, the Met office said.
The maximum temperature in Sundargarh was 44.5
degrees, while it was 44.3 degrees in Angul and 44.2 in
Balangir and Baripada.
People in capital Bhubaneswar had a slight respite
from the scorching heat as the mercury dropped to 40.2 degrees
from 41.2 yesterday.
There were 28 suspected sunstroke deaths in the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16