W Orissa under intense heat, respite in coastal areas
Bhubaneswar: Western Orissa continued to
reel under blistering heat with maximum temperature soaring
to 45.6 degree Celsius in Sambalpur today, though coastal
areas had a respite with fall in mercury.
While a maximum of 45.2 degrees was recorded at
Hirakud, areas like Jharsuguda and Titlagarh continued to boil
at 45 degrees, the Met office said.
The maximum temperature in Sundargarh was 44.5
degrees, while it was 44.3 degrees in Angul and 44.2 in
Balangir and Baripada.
People in capital Bhubaneswar had a slight respite
from the scorching heat as the mercury dropped to 40.2 degrees
from 41.2 yesterday.
There were 28 suspected sunstroke deaths in the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali