Western Odisha continues to reel under heat wave
Bhubaneswar: Western Odisha continued to reel under heat wave conditions Saturday, with a town in the region recording a maximum of 42.4 degrees Celsius, the highest for the day in the state, an official said.
"The maximum temperature in the district headquarters town of Sambalpur was recorded at 42.4 degree Celsius," a senior official of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre told a news agency.
Sambalpur is about 320 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Hirakud town in the same district recorded a maximum of 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the district headquarters town of Sonepur in the region recorded 41 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore