Western Odisha continues to reel under heat wave
Bhubaneswar: Western Odisha continued to reel under heat wave conditions Saturday, with a town in the region recording a maximum of 42.4 degrees Celsius, the highest for the day in the state, an official said.
"The maximum temperature in the district headquarters town of Sambalpur was recorded at 42.4 degree Celsius," a senior official of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre told a news agency.
Sambalpur is about 320 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Hirakud town in the same district recorded a maximum of 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the district headquarters town of Sonepur in the region recorded 41 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender