Western Odisha continues to reel under heat wave
Bhubaneswar: Western Odisha continued to reel under heat wave conditions Saturday, with a town in the region recording a maximum of 42.4 degrees Celsius, the highest for the day in the state, an official said.
"The maximum temperature in the district headquarters town of Sambalpur was recorded at 42.4 degree Celsius," a senior official of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre told a news agency.
Sambalpur is about 320 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Hirakud town in the same district recorded a maximum of 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the district headquarters town of Sonepur in the region recorded 41 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'