Western Odisha continues to reel under heat wave
Bhubaneswar: Western Odisha continued to reel under heat wave conditions Saturday, with a town in the region recording a maximum of 42.4 degrees Celsius, the highest for the day in the state, an official said.
"The maximum temperature in the district headquarters town of Sambalpur was recorded at 42.4 degree Celsius," a senior official of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre told a news agency.
Sambalpur is about 320 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Hirakud town in the same district recorded a maximum of 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the district headquarters town of Sonepur in the region recorded 41 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase
- Now, IIT to come up in Jammu; all decks cleared for 625 acre campus - Know its exact location