50 cases registered for illegal property transfer in Faridkot
Faridkot: Taking action against illegal transfer of property, police today registered 50 cases against those illegally occupying 5-marlas plots given for free to Dalit families by the Punjab government in 1973.
The cases have been registered against residents of two villages - 26 in Panjgrain Kalan village and 24 in and Wara Daraka village, officials said here today.
As per norms, the plot cannot be transfered or possessed by people other than the original beneficiaries, they said.
The verification of illegal transfer of plots was made on the recent directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court following the petition filed by one Jagga Singh of Sangrur district.
The 5-marlas plot were given to landless Dalits under a special scheme and these could not be transferred to anybody`s name but some of the beneficiaries transferred the possession to others in violation of rules, officials said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill