50 cases registered for illegal property transfer in Faridkot
Faridkot: Taking action against illegal transfer of property, police today registered 50 cases against those illegally occupying 5-marlas plots given for free to Dalit families by the Punjab government in 1973.
The cases have been registered against residents of two villages - 26 in Panjgrain Kalan village and 24 in and Wara Daraka village, officials said here today.
As per norms, the plot cannot be transfered or possessed by people other than the original beneficiaries, they said.
The verification of illegal transfer of plots was made on the recent directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court following the petition filed by one Jagga Singh of Sangrur district.
The 5-marlas plot were given to landless Dalits under a special scheme and these could not be transferred to anybody`s name but some of the beneficiaries transferred the possession to others in violation of rules, officials said here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India