50 cases registered for illegal property transfer in Faridkot
Faridkot: Taking action against illegal transfer of property, police today registered 50 cases against those illegally occupying 5-marlas plots given for free to Dalit families by the Punjab government in 1973.
The cases have been registered against residents of two villages - 26 in Panjgrain Kalan village and 24 in and Wara Daraka village, officials said here today.
As per norms, the plot cannot be transfered or possessed by people other than the original beneficiaries, they said.
The verification of illegal transfer of plots was made on the recent directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court following the petition filed by one Jagga Singh of Sangrur district.
The 5-marlas plot were given to landless Dalits under a special scheme and these could not be transferred to anybody`s name but some of the beneficiaries transferred the possession to others in violation of rules, officials said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert