Amarinder to host Prince Charles in Patiala
Chandigarh: Heir to the British throne, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla will be visiting Patiala town in Punjab early next month.
The British royals will be on a private visit to the New Moti Bagh Palace of former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh, who himself is from the erstwhile royal family of Patiala state, and his wife Preneet Kaur, the Union Minister of State for External Affairs.
Charles and Camilla will be arriving in Patiala by air after the inauguration ceremony of the Commonwealth Games by the Prince in New Delhi Oct 3. They will be in Patiala, 70 km from here, for an overnight stay.
Officials of the British high commission in New Delhi and security officials have already visited Patiala to see the arrangements for the royal visit.
"The royal couple has consented to come back here (Patiala) on our invitation," Amarinder Singh told a news agency on Friday.
The prince and Camilla first visited Patiala March 2006 and stayed at the same palace with Amarinder Singh and his family.
The dinner hosted by Amarinder Singh for them in 2006 saw some dramatic moments with the entire banquet blown away by a strong evening storm.
Charles, the Prince of Wales, who is known for his interest in organic farming, had met a few Punjab farmers and discussed the matter with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!