Amritsar cop murder: One more arrested
Amritsar: Police have arrested one more accused allegedly involved in the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector after he objected to the harassment of his daughter by a local SAD leader and his accomplices.
The accused Gurbeer Singh Beera was arrested late last night. With the arrest of Beera, four accused have so far been arrested in the case, Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh said Friday.
Police is looking for the fifth accused Sandeep Sunny.
Yesterday, local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana and his two accomplices were arrested while an SHO was dismissed for his alleged failure to act on the girl`s eve teasing complaint.
The policeman Ravinderpal Singh was killed on Wednesday after he asked the youths, including the SAD activist, who used to allegedly tease his daughter, to stop harassing her.
The cop had reached the spot after being informed by his 23-year-old daughter, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths.
After the crime, police had registered a case under various Sections of the IPC and the Arms Act against Rana, Gurveer Singh and another accused.
The ASI was posted at Gharinda police station under Amritsar rural district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch