Amritsar sizzles at 44 deg as Punjab, Haryana feel
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana Friday went back under the spell of the sweltering heat, a day after a marginal drop in the mercury brought slight relief to the region.
In Punjab, Amritsar sizzled at 44 degrees Celsius, up four degrees above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded highs of 42.6 and 42.2 degrees, respectively, the MeT office said.
In Haryana, Hisar sweat it out at 43.6 degrees, up two degrees from the normal, while Ambala (40.7 degrees), Bhiwani (42.2) and Karnal (39.8), too, were singed in the heat.
Union territory of Chandigarh recorded a maximum of 40.3 degrees, one notch above normal.
The MeT department in its forecast said that conditions will remain dry in the two neighbouring states in the coming 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends