Badal orders speedy disbursement of relief to flood victims
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has asked state officials to ensure disbursement of relief to people affected in recent floods in an efficient and transparent manner.
The directions for speedy disbursement of aid were issued to State Relief, Rehabilitation and Disaster Management department officials, an official spokesman said here on Wednesday.
In a meeting to review the disbursement of relief, Badal directed the Financial Commissioner, Revenue, to ask Punjab Civil Services (PCS) officers to estimate the total loss due to crop damage and ensure payment of compensation before the onset of the Kharif season.
The CM said that PCS officers would be held accountable if any laxity was detected in the disbursement of relief.
Badal also directed the Principal Secretary, Irrigation, to prepare a time-bound action plan to find a permanent solution to the problem of water-logging after the recent floods in Malwa belt.
He also asked the PWD, Mandi Board and Rural Development officials and Panchayats to chalk out a joint strategy to repair rural link roads which were damaged in the floods.
He also asked the Principal Secretary, Water Supply and Sanitation, to ensure repair of damaged pipelines and restore domestic supply at the earliest.
The spokesman said that so far, around 41 persons have died, 13,000 houses have been washed away and crops spread over an area of around 4.10 lakh acres have been damaged in the floods which has also taken a toll of 414 cattle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM