BKU leader, four associates murdered
Amritsar: A Bharatiya Kisan Union leader
was bludgeoned to death and his four associates were seriously
injured by some unidentified persons in full public view here
Sadhu Singh Takhtpura, Organising Secretary of BKU`s
Punjab unit, and his four accomplices were attacked with iron
rods by some 15 people after intercepting their jeep in
village Bhindian Saida, police said.
Takhtupura and his friends were going from village to
village in the jeep to mobilise people for a rally to be held
on February 20 at Ajnala when they were brutally attacked.
The rally was being organised to protest the killing of
a youth allegedly in police custody nearly a month ago.
The four injured were admitted to a hospital where
their condition was described as critical, police said.
SSP (Amritsar Rural) Gurmit Singh Chohan said police
had been deployed in strength in the village to maintain law
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation