B.Tech student arrested on rape charge
Ambala: A minor girl was allegedly raped by a B.Tech student of a college in Mullana in the district.
The accused was arrested and produced before a duty magistrate on Friday, who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody, police said.
The mother of the girl filed a complaint with Mullana police that her 12-year-old daughter had gone to a tube well close to the field where she and her family members were harvesting wheat, for getting some water.
The accused, Rakesh, who was present there, caught the girl and allegedly raped her.
Later, she narrated the incident to her mother who informed the village sarpanch.
Rape was confirmed during medical examination, they said, adding that a case was registered under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof