B.Tech student arrested on rape charge
Ambala: A minor girl was allegedly raped by a B.Tech student of a college in Mullana in the district.
The accused was arrested and produced before a duty magistrate on Friday, who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody, police said.
The mother of the girl filed a complaint with Mullana police that her 12-year-old daughter had gone to a tube well close to the field where she and her family members were harvesting wheat, for getting some water.
The accused, Rakesh, who was present there, caught the girl and allegedly raped her.
Later, she narrated the incident to her mother who informed the village sarpanch.
Rape was confirmed during medical examination, they said, adding that a case was registered under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art
- Menopause, insomnia may accelerate ageing