B.Tech student arrested on rape charge
Ambala: A minor girl was allegedly raped by a B.Tech student of a college in Mullana in the district.
The accused was arrested and produced before a duty magistrate on Friday, who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody, police said.
The mother of the girl filed a complaint with Mullana police that her 12-year-old daughter had gone to a tube well close to the field where she and her family members were harvesting wheat, for getting some water.
The accused, Rakesh, who was present there, caught the girl and allegedly raped her.
Later, she narrated the incident to her mother who informed the village sarpanch.
Rape was confirmed during medical examination, they said, adding that a case was registered under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP