Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana as rain lashes region
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana where cold conditions continued to prevail
at some places.
Fog prevailed early today at Ludhiana, Amritsar, Hisar, Karnal, Rohtak and Bhiwani, the MeT said today.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed Rohtak, Narnaul, Bhiwani, Patiala and Amritsar last evening.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states registering a minimum of 4 degrees Celsius, three below normal level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 8.7 deg C, down one notch, while the low at Patiala settled at 9.4 deg C, one below normal.
In Haryana, Rohtak braved the chill at a low of 7.3 deg C, down two degrees, while Karnal recorded a minimum of 8.6 deg C, one below normal.
Hisar, too, had a cold night at 8 deg C, down two notches while the low at Bhiwani settled at 8 deg C. Ambala recorded a low of 10.9 deg C.
The minimum at Chandigarh rose slightly to settle at 10.5 deg C, two above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town