Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana as rain lashes region
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana where cold conditions continued to prevail
at some places.
Fog prevailed early today at Ludhiana, Amritsar, Hisar, Karnal, Rohtak and Bhiwani, the MeT said today.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed Rohtak, Narnaul, Bhiwani, Patiala and Amritsar last evening.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states registering a minimum of 4 degrees Celsius, three below normal level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 8.7 deg C, down one notch, while the low at Patiala settled at 9.4 deg C, one below normal.
In Haryana, Rohtak braved the chill at a low of 7.3 deg C, down two degrees, while Karnal recorded a minimum of 8.6 deg C, one below normal.
Hisar, too, had a cold night at 8 deg C, down two notches while the low at Bhiwani settled at 8 deg C. Ambala recorded a low of 10.9 deg C.
The minimum at Chandigarh rose slightly to settle at 10.5 deg C, two above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’