Cold wave conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions on Saturday continued to persist in Punjab and Haryana with the mercury settling below normal levels in the region.
Amritsar in Punjab and Hisar in Haryana reeled under biting cold, recording identical minimums of 4.6 deg C each, down by five and two notches respectively.
Patiala registered a low of 7 deg C, down three notches, while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at 8.8 deg C, one point below normal, the MeT department said.
Narnaul in Haryana braved the chill at minimum 5 deg C, down four degrees, while Rohtak registered a low of 6.5 deg C, down three notches. Bhiwani and Ambala also registered below normal lows at 5 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
The people in Chandigarh woke up to bright, sunny weather but the minimum settled two notches below normal at 7.4 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!