Cold wave conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions on Saturday continued to persist in Punjab and Haryana with the mercury settling below normal levels in the region.
Amritsar in Punjab and Hisar in Haryana reeled under biting cold, recording identical minimums of 4.6 deg C each, down by five and two notches respectively.
Patiala registered a low of 7 deg C, down three notches, while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at 8.8 deg C, one point below normal, the MeT department said.
Narnaul in Haryana braved the chill at minimum 5 deg C, down four degrees, while Rohtak registered a low of 6.5 deg C, down three notches. Bhiwani and Ambala also registered below normal lows at 5 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
The people in Chandigarh woke up to bright, sunny weather but the minimum settled two notches below normal at 7.4 deg C.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram