Cold wave subside in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold wave Thursday abated in Punjab and Haryana as the mercury rose by upto two notches above normal in several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to two degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the MeT said here, adding that mercury will further rise in the region during the next 24 hours.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place with a low of 7.0 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar and Karnal settled two notches above normal at a low of 7.2 degrees Celsius each, Bhiwani recorded a low of 8.0 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.5 degrees Celsius, followed by 9.5 degrees Celsius at Patiala, 10.4 degrees Celsius each at Ambala and Ludhiana, one notch above normal while the capital Chandigarh recorded 9.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
The MeT has forecast clear sky with possibility of thunder in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation