Cold wave subside in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold wave Thursday abated in Punjab and Haryana as the mercury rose by upto two notches above normal in several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to two degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the MeT said here, adding that mercury will further rise in the region during the next 24 hours.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place with a low of 7.0 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar and Karnal settled two notches above normal at a low of 7.2 degrees Celsius each, Bhiwani recorded a low of 8.0 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.5 degrees Celsius, followed by 9.5 degrees Celsius at Patiala, 10.4 degrees Celsius each at Ambala and Ludhiana, one notch above normal while the capital Chandigarh recorded 9.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
The MeT has forecast clear sky with possibility of thunder in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days