Cold wave subside in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold wave Thursday abated in Punjab and Haryana as the mercury rose by upto two notches above normal in several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to two degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the MeT said here, adding that mercury will further rise in the region during the next 24 hours.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place with a low of 7.0 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar and Karnal settled two notches above normal at a low of 7.2 degrees Celsius each, Bhiwani recorded a low of 8.0 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.5 degrees Celsius, followed by 9.5 degrees Celsius at Patiala, 10.4 degrees Celsius each at Ambala and Ludhiana, one notch above normal while the capital Chandigarh recorded 9.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
The MeT has forecast clear sky with possibility of thunder in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!