Congress holds protest against SAD-BJP govt
Sangrur: Opposition Congress in Punjab on Monday held a protest against the SAD-BJP government move to auction Municipal Corporation building in Bhawanigarh here.
While addressing protesters, Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla lashed out at SAD-BJP government and also accused it of leading the state into a "financial mess".
Singla also slammed the state government for introducing E-Trip system, saying that it would hurt the trade.
"The SAD-BJP government has betrayed the people of Punjab by not implementing even one of its promises made during last elections," he said.
"The state is in financial emergency as they have not paid their own fuel expense bills, salaries to state government employees, VAT refunds to industries," he alleged.
Ex-MLA Surinder Pal Sibia said the Corporation has postponed the auction of its building.
He threatened to launch protest if the state government again decided to auction the Municipal Corporation building.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why