Congress holds protest against SAD-BJP govt
Sangrur: Opposition Congress in Punjab on Monday held a protest against the SAD-BJP government move to auction Municipal Corporation building in Bhawanigarh here.
While addressing protesters, Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla lashed out at SAD-BJP government and also accused it of leading the state into a "financial mess".
Singla also slammed the state government for introducing E-Trip system, saying that it would hurt the trade.
"The SAD-BJP government has betrayed the people of Punjab by not implementing even one of its promises made during last elections," he said.
"The state is in financial emergency as they have not paid their own fuel expense bills, salaries to state government employees, VAT refunds to industries," he alleged.
Ex-MLA Surinder Pal Sibia said the Corporation has postponed the auction of its building.
He threatened to launch protest if the state government again decided to auction the Municipal Corporation building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur