Congress holds protest against SAD-BJP govt
Sangrur: Opposition Congress in Punjab on Monday held a protest against the SAD-BJP government move to auction Municipal Corporation building in Bhawanigarh here.
While addressing protesters, Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla lashed out at SAD-BJP government and also accused it of leading the state into a "financial mess".
Singla also slammed the state government for introducing E-Trip system, saying that it would hurt the trade.
"The SAD-BJP government has betrayed the people of Punjab by not implementing even one of its promises made during last elections," he said.
"The state is in financial emergency as they have not paid their own fuel expense bills, salaries to state government employees, VAT refunds to industries," he alleged.
Ex-MLA Surinder Pal Sibia said the Corporation has postponed the auction of its building.
He threatened to launch protest if the state government again decided to auction the Municipal Corporation building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva