Congress holds protest against SAD-BJP govt
Sangrur: Opposition Congress in Punjab on Monday held a protest against the SAD-BJP government move to auction Municipal Corporation building in Bhawanigarh here.
While addressing protesters, Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla lashed out at SAD-BJP government and also accused it of leading the state into a "financial mess".
Singla also slammed the state government for introducing E-Trip system, saying that it would hurt the trade.
"The SAD-BJP government has betrayed the people of Punjab by not implementing even one of its promises made during last elections," he said.
"The state is in financial emergency as they have not paid their own fuel expense bills, salaries to state government employees, VAT refunds to industries," he alleged.
Ex-MLA Surinder Pal Sibia said the Corporation has postponed the auction of its building.
He threatened to launch protest if the state government again decided to auction the Municipal Corporation building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta