Congress` single point agenda is to loot the country: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Sangrur: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday accused the UPA government of having a single point agenda of "looting the country" and urged voters to defeat the party in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
"The single point agenda of the Congress is to loot the country and its resources. The UPA regime has ruined the country and its ministers had heavily indulged in corrupt practices," Sukhbir alleged while addressing a gathering after dedicating the ring transmission grid to the state here.
He asked the electorate to defeat the "corruption-laden" Congress to save the country.
He claimed that the Congress had no agenda to put forth before the electorate so it was "indulging in dirty politics".
On the announcement of SAD candidates for the elections, Sukhbir said the party would announce its candidates after the declaration of poll dates by the Election Commission.
He said his party would fight the Lok Sabha polls on the development plank and Congress would face humiliating defeat for its misdeeds.
Sukhbir also appealed to the cadres to shun rivalry among themselves and join hands to ensure a crushing defeat to the Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’