Congress` single point agenda is to loot the country: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Sangrur: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday accused the UPA government of having a single point agenda of "looting the country" and urged voters to defeat the party in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
"The single point agenda of the Congress is to loot the country and its resources. The UPA regime has ruined the country and its ministers had heavily indulged in corrupt practices," Sukhbir alleged while addressing a gathering after dedicating the ring transmission grid to the state here.
He asked the electorate to defeat the "corruption-laden" Congress to save the country.
He claimed that the Congress had no agenda to put forth before the electorate so it was "indulging in dirty politics".
On the announcement of SAD candidates for the elections, Sukhbir said the party would announce its candidates after the declaration of poll dates by the Election Commission.
He said his party would fight the Lok Sabha polls on the development plank and Congress would face humiliating defeat for its misdeeds.
Sukhbir also appealed to the cadres to shun rivalry among themselves and join hands to ensure a crushing defeat to the Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets