Farmers throw rail traffic out of gear
Amritsar: Several farmers on Thursday staged anti-government protest by blocking traffic on the national highway at Raya-Beas town nearly 45 km away from here.
At Raya farmers blocked the Amritsar-Delhi railway line while squatting on the track.
The protesters lifted the blockade after Additional Deputy Commissioner Supreet Singh Gulati assured farmers to arrange meeting with senior officials at Chandigarh to sort out the issue.
The agitating farmers led by Kisan Sangrash Committee led by Kawalpreet Singh Pannu and 16 other farmers organisation staged stir against the government while demanding that shops should not be demolished at the main bazaar of Baba Bakala town nearly 40 km from here.
During protest many trains including Shatabdi Express, Tata Mori and local trains were affected and ran behind the schedule, railway officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!