Fire in Amritsar cracker shop
Amritsar: One person was injured and goods worth millions of rupees were destroyed when an illegally run cracker shop caught fire in this Punjab city, an official said Sunday.
The incident happened Saturday night.
Fire tenders were rushed to the Mahasinghwala gate area here to control the fire in the shop where crackers were stored without permission in a three storeyed building.
"While we were trying to control the flames, a big blast took place inside the cracker shop and the fire spread to nearly 10 shops in the vicinity," a fire department official said.
People of the thickly populated residential area told police that the cracker shop had been sealed by local authorities about 10 days back.
However, the owner opened the shop again
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert