Gurudwara EC issues orders for fair SGPC poll
Chandigarh: The Gurdwara Election Commission on Friday, issued directions to certain state governments and Chandigarh administration, to ensure a conducive atmosphere for holding fair, free and peaceful SGPC poll on September 18.
The directions were issued to Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh administration.
The Gurdwara Election Commission will allow videography of the events at the request by candidates at their own expense, an official spokesman said, here today.
For this purpose, a candidate, who wants to make use of video camera shall take permission from the Returning Officer or the Deputy Commissioner concerned, he said.
The Returning Officers shall grant permission keeping in view the law and order situation, the likelihood of commission of corrupt practices and electoral offences and other related factors.
The videography could be allowed only outside the polling stations and not inside the booth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents