Gurudwara EC issues orders for fair SGPC poll
Chandigarh: The Gurdwara Election Commission on Friday, issued directions to certain state governments and Chandigarh administration, to ensure a conducive atmosphere for holding fair, free and peaceful SGPC poll on September 18.
The directions were issued to Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh administration.
The Gurdwara Election Commission will allow videography of the events at the request by candidates at their own expense, an official spokesman said, here today.
For this purpose, a candidate, who wants to make use of video camera shall take permission from the Returning Officer or the Deputy Commissioner concerned, he said.
The Returning Officers shall grant permission keeping in view the law and order situation, the likelihood of commission of corrupt practices and electoral offences and other related factors.
The videography could be allowed only outside the polling stations and not inside the booth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users