Gurudwara EC issues orders for fair SGPC poll
Chandigarh: The Gurdwara Election Commission on Friday, issued directions to certain state governments and Chandigarh administration, to ensure a conducive atmosphere for holding fair, free and peaceful SGPC poll on September 18.
The directions were issued to Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh administration.
The Gurdwara Election Commission will allow videography of the events at the request by candidates at their own expense, an official spokesman said, here today.
For this purpose, a candidate, who wants to make use of video camera shall take permission from the Returning Officer or the Deputy Commissioner concerned, he said.
The Returning Officers shall grant permission keeping in view the law and order situation, the likelihood of commission of corrupt practices and electoral offences and other related factors.
The videography could be allowed only outside the polling stations and not inside the booth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites