Gurudwara EC issues orders for fair SGPC poll
Chandigarh: The Gurdwara Election Commission on Friday, issued directions to certain state governments and Chandigarh administration, to ensure a conducive atmosphere for holding fair, free and peaceful SGPC poll on September 18.
The directions were issued to Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh administration.
The Gurdwara Election Commission will allow videography of the events at the request by candidates at their own expense, an official spokesman said, here today.
For this purpose, a candidate, who wants to make use of video camera shall take permission from the Returning Officer or the Deputy Commissioner concerned, he said.
The Returning Officers shall grant permission keeping in view the law and order situation, the likelihood of commission of corrupt practices and electoral offences and other related factors.
The videography could be allowed only outside the polling stations and not inside the booth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price