Heroin worth Rs 100 crore seized in Amritsar
Amritsar: Punjab Police have seized 20kg of heroin worth Rs 100 crore in the international market and arrested three persons in this connection.
Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh, residents of village Kalanour of district Gurdaspur and Sukhbir Singh of village Sarai Amanat Khan of Tarn Taran have been arrested.
An official of Punjab Police`s Special Operation Cell said two of the accused were apprehended on Saturday.
He said Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh were apprehended on a tip-off from a place near village Muradpur on Fatehgarh-Churian road on the outskirts of Amritsar city where the duo were allegedly waiting for a party to deliver a consignment of heroin.
The official said that at the time of arrest police recovered 10kg of heroin along with .30 bore pistol, a magazine and five live cartridges from them.
A case under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and the Arms Act has been registered against Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey