Heroin worth Rs 100 crore seized in Amritsar
Amritsar: Punjab Police have seized 20kg of heroin worth Rs 100 crore in the international market and arrested three persons in this connection.
Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh, residents of village Kalanour of district Gurdaspur and Sukhbir Singh of village Sarai Amanat Khan of Tarn Taran have been arrested.
An official of Punjab Police`s Special Operation Cell said two of the accused were apprehended on Saturday.
He said Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh were apprehended on a tip-off from a place near village Muradpur on Fatehgarh-Churian road on the outskirts of Amritsar city where the duo were allegedly waiting for a party to deliver a consignment of heroin.
The official said that at the time of arrest police recovered 10kg of heroin along with .30 bore pistol, a magazine and five live cartridges from them.
A case under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and the Arms Act has been registered against Avtar Singh and Sarwan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab