High Court asks Agnivesh to file affidavit
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court has asked social activist Swami Agnivesh to file an
affidavit informing it if he had made any remarks regarding
the Amarnath yatra.
A case was registered against Agnivesh on May 23 this
year in Hansi sub-division in Haryana for allegedly terming
Amarnath Yatra a religious deception.
Agnivesh was earlier granted bail by the Punjab and
Haryana High Court.
On August 29, the court of Sub-Divisional Magistrate in
Hansi had issued non-bailable warrants against Agvinesh
following a petition filed by right-wing activist Parveen
During his trip to Jammu in May this year, Agnivesh had
allegedly said he did not understand those who go for the
"It is religious deception. I do not believe in this
type of religion," he had said.
The court here yesterday fixed December one for further
hearing in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan