Independent councillor Ramesh Mal elected AMC Mayor
Ambala: Independent councillor Ramesh Mal was on Tuesday elected the Mayor of Ambala Municipal Corporation with support from Congress councillors.
Mal got 13 votes while the rival BJP candidate Lalita Prashad pulled off five votes. Two councillors left their ballet papers blank, indicating they did not support any candidates.
In the 20-member municipal corporation, there are 14 Congress councillors, four BJP councillors and two Independent councillors.
The BJP has strength of four councillors in the House while Congress enjoys the support of 16 councillors, including two Independent councillors.
Before the election of the councillor, commissioner, Ambala range, Yudhveer Khiyalia administrated the oath to the newly elected councillors.
Local MLA Vinod Sharma and OSD to chief minister MS Chopra were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why