Judicial probe into 1984 riots in Haryana: Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Monday demanded a judicial probe into the killing
of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi villages in Haryana
during the 1984 riots.
"The Centre should order a probe by a sitting judge
into the massacre of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi,"
Badal said in the state assembly during obituary references.
"Those found guilty should be punished," he said.
BJP Legislature Party leader and Cabinet minister
Manoranjan Kalia supported the demand for a judicial probe.
Thirty-two people were reportedly killed in Hondh
Chillar in Rewari district and 17 in Pataudi village, some
26-km from Gurgaon, during the `84 anti-Sikh riots.
The House paid tributes to former Governor Siddharth
Shankar Ray and veteran Congress leader and former Union
Minister Arjun Singh who passed away recently.
The House also mourned the death of former Ministers
Mahant Ram Parkash Dass and Prem Gupta and some ex-MLAs.
Tributes were also paid to Joginder Kaur, widow of
former SGPC chief Gurcharan Singh Tohra.
The House observed a minute`s silence as a mark of
repsect to departed souls and later adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report