Judicial probe into 1984 riots in Haryana: Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Monday demanded a judicial probe into the killing
of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi villages in Haryana
during the 1984 riots.
"The Centre should order a probe by a sitting judge
into the massacre of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi,"
Badal said in the state assembly during obituary references.
"Those found guilty should be punished," he said.
BJP Legislature Party leader and Cabinet minister
Manoranjan Kalia supported the demand for a judicial probe.
Thirty-two people were reportedly killed in Hondh
Chillar in Rewari district and 17 in Pataudi village, some
26-km from Gurgaon, during the `84 anti-Sikh riots.
The House paid tributes to former Governor Siddharth
Shankar Ray and veteran Congress leader and former Union
Minister Arjun Singh who passed away recently.
The House also mourned the death of former Ministers
Mahant Ram Parkash Dass and Prem Gupta and some ex-MLAs.
Tributes were also paid to Joginder Kaur, widow of
former SGPC chief Gurcharan Singh Tohra.
The House observed a minute`s silence as a mark of
repsect to departed souls and later adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015