Judicial probe into 1984 riots in Haryana: Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Monday demanded a judicial probe into the killing
of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi villages in Haryana
during the 1984 riots.
"The Centre should order a probe by a sitting judge
into the massacre of Sikhs in Hondh Chillar and Pataudi,"
Badal said in the state assembly during obituary references.
"Those found guilty should be punished," he said.
BJP Legislature Party leader and Cabinet minister
Manoranjan Kalia supported the demand for a judicial probe.
Thirty-two people were reportedly killed in Hondh
Chillar in Rewari district and 17 in Pataudi village, some
26-km from Gurgaon, during the `84 anti-Sikh riots.
The House paid tributes to former Governor Siddharth
Shankar Ray and veteran Congress leader and former Union
Minister Arjun Singh who passed away recently.
The House also mourned the death of former Ministers
Mahant Ram Parkash Dass and Prem Gupta and some ex-MLAs.
Tributes were also paid to Joginder Kaur, widow of
former SGPC chief Gurcharan Singh Tohra.
The House observed a minute`s silence as a mark of
repsect to departed souls and later adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters