Ludhiana: Man sets hut on fire, two dead
Ludhiana: In a fit of rage, a drug addict
allegedly set his hut on fire leading to two of his children being charred to death near Samrala, about 50 kms from here,
police said Monday.
The incident took place last night when Shri Paul (45),
hailing from Uttar Pradesh, a drug addict, came home in an
inebriated condition following which an heated argument took
place with his wife on some issue.
After some time, he allegedly set the hutment on fire.
Paul used to spend most of his money on drugs and did not
give his wife enough money. The family, including five
daughters and one son, had to many a times go without food.
Knati Devi, the wife, tried to rescue the children but
could save only her four daughters from the blaze.
According to an FIR lodged by Devi at Samrala police
station, the victims were identified as her son Sachin (4) and
daughter Ruby (6).
SHO Samrala police station Inspector Darshan Singh said
that the accused was a labourer and fled from the spot after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand