Ludhiana: Man sets hut on fire, two dead
Ludhiana: In a fit of rage, a drug addict
allegedly set his hut on fire leading to two of his children being charred to death near Samrala, about 50 kms from here,
police said Monday.
The incident took place last night when Shri Paul (45),
hailing from Uttar Pradesh, a drug addict, came home in an
inebriated condition following which an heated argument took
place with his wife on some issue.
After some time, he allegedly set the hutment on fire.
Paul used to spend most of his money on drugs and did not
give his wife enough money. The family, including five
daughters and one son, had to many a times go without food.
Knati Devi, the wife, tried to rescue the children but
could save only her four daughters from the blaze.
According to an FIR lodged by Devi at Samrala police
station, the victims were identified as her son Sachin (4) and
daughter Ruby (6).
SHO Samrala police station Inspector Darshan Singh said
that the accused was a labourer and fled from the spot after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj