Man gets 10 years in jail for raping sister
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): A local court on Friday sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for repeatedly raping his sister in 2006.
The court convicted Mandeep Sharma, a resident of Mandi Gobindgarh, and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
In default of payment of fine, he will have to further undergo a sentence of 10 years, the court said.
The case was registered in December last year when Sharma`s sister approached police and accused him of repeatedly raping her.
The 28-year-old woman told the police that she was married to a youth of Sangrur district and had two children.
In 2006, her brother visited her in-laws house and raped her, prosecution said, adding that when she approached her husband, he snapped all ties with her and she was forced to live with her brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends