Man gets 10 years in jail for raping sister
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): A local court on Friday sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for repeatedly raping his sister in 2006.
The court convicted Mandeep Sharma, a resident of Mandi Gobindgarh, and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
In default of payment of fine, he will have to further undergo a sentence of 10 years, the court said.
The case was registered in December last year when Sharma`s sister approached police and accused him of repeatedly raping her.
The 28-year-old woman told the police that she was married to a youth of Sangrur district and had two children.
In 2006, her brother visited her in-laws house and raped her, prosecution said, adding that when she approached her husband, he snapped all ties with her and she was forced to live with her brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city