Man gets 10 years in jail for raping sister
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): A local court on Friday sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for repeatedly raping his sister in 2006.
The court convicted Mandeep Sharma, a resident of Mandi Gobindgarh, and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
In default of payment of fine, he will have to further undergo a sentence of 10 years, the court said.
The case was registered in December last year when Sharma`s sister approached police and accused him of repeatedly raping her.
The 28-year-old woman told the police that she was married to a youth of Sangrur district and had two children.
In 2006, her brother visited her in-laws house and raped her, prosecution said, adding that when she approached her husband, he snapped all ties with her and she was forced to live with her brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore