Manpreet says he will not return to the parent party
Ludhiana: Expelled Shiromani Akali Dal
leader and former Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal
on Monday said he would neither rejoin the SAD nor float a new
"I will never go back to the Shiromani Akali Dal,"
he told media persons after addressing a rally near Badowal
He would also not create a new political outfit, said
the nephew of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
To a question, he said voters in Punjab should not be
taken for granted. "They are mature enough to guide their own
Manpreet lamented even 63 years after independence,
problems like poverty, unemployment, gender discrimination and
corruption continued to afflict the nation.
"The country cannot wait for another 60 years for
eradication of these evils," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog