Mercury dips as rain lashes parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed a few places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday, with maximum temperatures in the region witnessing a slight decrease.
According to the MeT Department here, Chandigarh had received a rainfall of over 30 mm during the past 24 hours. The maximum here settled at 33.4 deg C, which was within the normal level.
Among the places in Punjab to receive rains included Amritsar (21.7 mm), Ludhiana (37.4 mm), Batala (43 mm), Madhopur (25 mm), Ranjit Sagar Dam (33.6 mm), Shahpur Kandi (32 mm), Mukerian (40.6 mm), Kapurthala (20 mm), Mohali (10 mm) while Jagadhri (54 mm), Panchkula (5 mm), Bilaspur (16 mm), Ballabgarh (50 mm), Nuh (96 mm), Rewari (10 mm), Ambala (6.3 mm) and Narnaul (30 mm) were among the places in Haryana to be lashed by showers.
Hisar recorded a maximum of 36 deg C while Ambala registered a high of 34 deg C.
Narnaul`s maximum settled at 33.1 deg C, down one notch while Bhiwani`s high was 36.4 deg C.
Amritsar and Patiala in Punjab recorded respective maximums of 34.8 deg C and 35.4 deg C while Ludhiana`s high settled at 33.5 deg C.
The MeT officials forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers could occur at a few places in Haryana and Punjab over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded