Mercury dips as rain lashes parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed a few places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday, with maximum temperatures in the region witnessing a slight decrease.
According to the MeT Department here, Chandigarh had received a rainfall of over 30 mm during the past 24 hours. The maximum here settled at 33.4 deg C, which was within the normal level.
Among the places in Punjab to receive rains included Amritsar (21.7 mm), Ludhiana (37.4 mm), Batala (43 mm), Madhopur (25 mm), Ranjit Sagar Dam (33.6 mm), Shahpur Kandi (32 mm), Mukerian (40.6 mm), Kapurthala (20 mm), Mohali (10 mm) while Jagadhri (54 mm), Panchkula (5 mm), Bilaspur (16 mm), Ballabgarh (50 mm), Nuh (96 mm), Rewari (10 mm), Ambala (6.3 mm) and Narnaul (30 mm) were among the places in Haryana to be lashed by showers.
Hisar recorded a maximum of 36 deg C while Ambala registered a high of 34 deg C.
Narnaul`s maximum settled at 33.1 deg C, down one notch while Bhiwani`s high was 36.4 deg C.
Amritsar and Patiala in Punjab recorded respective maximums of 34.8 deg C and 35.4 deg C while Ludhiana`s high settled at 33.5 deg C.
The MeT officials forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers could occur at a few places in Haryana and Punjab over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof