Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana as rains remain elusive
Chandigarh: With monsoon remaining elusive in Punjab and Haryana, day temperature on Thursday increased by a few notches in the two states.
Hisar recorded 40.9 deg C, five notches more than normal level while the day temperature was 38 deg C in Rohtak, up by four notches.
35.4 deg C respectively.
The maximum temperature at Chandigarh was 34.1 deg C. In Punjab, Patiala recorded 36.3 deg C, up by three notches, Amritsar 36.8 deg C and Ludhiana 34.9 deg C.
While both Punjab and Haryana face drought-like condition, it has been raining in many parts of neighbouring Himachal Pradesh since yesterday.
Light to moderate rains are likely to occur at a few places in Punjab and Haryana over the next two days, the MeT office has said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai