Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana as rains remain elusive
Chandigarh: With monsoon remaining elusive in Punjab and Haryana, day temperature on Thursday increased by a few notches in the two states.
Hisar recorded 40.9 deg C, five notches more than normal level while the day temperature was 38 deg C in Rohtak, up by four notches.
35.4 deg C respectively.
The maximum temperature at Chandigarh was 34.1 deg C. In Punjab, Patiala recorded 36.3 deg C, up by three notches, Amritsar 36.8 deg C and Ludhiana 34.9 deg C.
While both Punjab and Haryana face drought-like condition, it has been raining in many parts of neighbouring Himachal Pradesh since yesterday.
Light to moderate rains are likely to occur at a few places in Punjab and Haryana over the next two days, the MeT office has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days