Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana as rains remain elusive
Chandigarh: With monsoon remaining elusive in Punjab and Haryana, day temperature on Thursday increased by a few notches in the two states.
Hisar recorded 40.9 deg C, five notches more than normal level while the day temperature was 38 deg C in Rohtak, up by four notches.
35.4 deg C respectively.
The maximum temperature at Chandigarh was 34.1 deg C. In Punjab, Patiala recorded 36.3 deg C, up by three notches, Amritsar 36.8 deg C and Ludhiana 34.9 deg C.
While both Punjab and Haryana face drought-like condition, it has been raining in many parts of neighbouring Himachal Pradesh since yesterday.
Light to moderate rains are likely to occur at a few places in Punjab and Haryana over the next two days, the MeT office has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition