Minimum temperature plummets in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold conditions renewed in parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Tuesday with the minimum temperature dropping by up to two degrees Celsius even as foggy and misty conditions continued to prevail in the region adversely affecting normal life.
The minimum temperature oscillated between one notch below normal to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, the MeT office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Adampur was the coldest place with a low of four degrees Celsius.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 5.5 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the minimum temperature at Amritsar was 6.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
Among other places, Ludhiana and Karnal had an identical low of 7.6 degrees Celsius followed by 8.6 degrees Celsius at Patiala, two notches above normal, 8.8 degrees Celsius at Hisar, two notches above normal, 8.9 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal and 9.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, one notch above normal.
Meanwhile, some areas of Punjab and Haryana, including Karnal, Ambala, Ludhiana and Amritsar were engulfed under dense fog in the morning and at several places in the region misty conditions prevailed.
The MeT forecast fog and mist in the morning and slight rise in minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'