National Lok Adalat to be held on Nov 23: HC Chief Justice
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice, Sanjay Kishan Kaul, today said a National Lok Adalat would be organised in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on November 23.
He said this while presiding over a meeting of senior officers of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh here, according to an official release.
The Chief Justice directed them to issue instructions to all officers in the field to identify maximum number of cases for disposal in the Lok Adalat.
It would enable the people to get rid of their disputes and prepare a state policy for settlement of maximum number of cases pending in various courts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, he added.
Justice Kaul said the National Lok Adalat would be organised by the State Legal Services authorities of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh and the Punjab and Haryana High Court Legal Services Committee.
Speaking in the meeting, Haryana Chief Secretary, P K Chaudhary said that Deputy Commissioners and heads of departments have been directed to nominate nodal officers for identification of maximum number of cases to be disposed off in the Lok Adalat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?