National Lok Adalat to be held on Nov 23: HC Chief Justice
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice, Sanjay Kishan Kaul, today said a National Lok Adalat would be organised in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on November 23.
He said this while presiding over a meeting of senior officers of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh here, according to an official release.
The Chief Justice directed them to issue instructions to all officers in the field to identify maximum number of cases for disposal in the Lok Adalat.
It would enable the people to get rid of their disputes and prepare a state policy for settlement of maximum number of cases pending in various courts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, he added.
Justice Kaul said the National Lok Adalat would be organised by the State Legal Services authorities of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh and the Punjab and Haryana High Court Legal Services Committee.
Speaking in the meeting, Haryana Chief Secretary, P K Chaudhary said that Deputy Commissioners and heads of departments have been directed to nominate nodal officers for identification of maximum number of cases to be disposed off in the Lok Adalat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror