NSCT orders probe into Dalit man`s parading in Punjab
Gurdaspur: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe has ordered a probe into the incident in which a Dalit block samiti member was handcuffed and paraded in a village allegedly by police.
Vinod Kumar, a resident of Naroli village in Pathankot district, was allegedly implicated in a false case and was handcuffed and paraded by SHO Narot Jaimal Singh Balvir Singh, said Raj Kumar Verka, vice-chairman of the commission.
After Vinod Kumar`s complaint, SSP Pathankot asked DSP Prabhjot Singh to conduct a probe.
Later, the Commission summoned the Deputy Commissioner Pathankot C Siban and SSP Pathankot Surinder Kalia to make a clarification at Camp Court at Batala on June 1.
Verka asked the DGP crime to conduct a probe into the allegation by Inspector General Crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets