NSCT orders probe into Dalit man`s parading in Punjab
Gurdaspur: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe has ordered a probe into the incident in which a Dalit block samiti member was handcuffed and paraded in a village allegedly by police.
Vinod Kumar, a resident of Naroli village in Pathankot district, was allegedly implicated in a false case and was handcuffed and paraded by SHO Narot Jaimal Singh Balvir Singh, said Raj Kumar Verka, vice-chairman of the commission.
After Vinod Kumar`s complaint, SSP Pathankot asked DSP Prabhjot Singh to conduct a probe.
Later, the Commission summoned the Deputy Commissioner Pathankot C Siban and SSP Pathankot Surinder Kalia to make a clarification at Camp Court at Batala on June 1.
Verka asked the DGP crime to conduct a probe into the allegation by Inspector General Crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi