NSCT orders probe into Dalit man`s parading in Punjab
Gurdaspur: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe has ordered a probe into the incident in which a Dalit block samiti member was handcuffed and paraded in a village allegedly by police.
Vinod Kumar, a resident of Naroli village in Pathankot district, was allegedly implicated in a false case and was handcuffed and paraded by SHO Narot Jaimal Singh Balvir Singh, said Raj Kumar Verka, vice-chairman of the commission.
After Vinod Kumar`s complaint, SSP Pathankot asked DSP Prabhjot Singh to conduct a probe.
Later, the Commission summoned the Deputy Commissioner Pathankot C Siban and SSP Pathankot Surinder Kalia to make a clarification at Camp Court at Batala on June 1.
Verka asked the DGP crime to conduct a probe into the allegation by Inspector General Crime.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm