Oil price hike: Left parties protest in Punjab
Chandigarh: Left parties Monday staged
demonstrations at their district headquarters across Punjab protesting hike in prices of petrol and other essential commodities during the UPA regime.
Activists of the CPI and the CPI (M) took out rallies
Leaders of Left parties slammed the UPA government over
its failure to contain inflation in the country.
They also demanded immediate steps to bring down the
prices of essential commodities and sought withdrawal of hike
in petrol prices.
The protest demonstrations remained peaceful with no
untoward incident reported from the state, officials said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi