Oil price hike: Left parties protest in Punjab
Chandigarh: Left parties Monday staged
demonstrations at their district headquarters across Punjab protesting hike in prices of petrol and other essential commodities during the UPA regime.
Activists of the CPI and the CPI (M) took out rallies
Leaders of Left parties slammed the UPA government over
its failure to contain inflation in the country.
They also demanded immediate steps to bring down the
prices of essential commodities and sought withdrawal of hike
in petrol prices.
The protest demonstrations remained peaceful with no
untoward incident reported from the state, officials said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise