Oil price hike: Left parties protest in Punjab
Chandigarh: Left parties Monday staged
demonstrations at their district headquarters across Punjab protesting hike in prices of petrol and other essential commodities during the UPA regime.
Activists of the CPI and the CPI (M) took out rallies
Leaders of Left parties slammed the UPA government over
its failure to contain inflation in the country.
They also demanded immediate steps to bring down the
prices of essential commodities and sought withdrawal of hike
in petrol prices.
The protest demonstrations remained peaceful with no
untoward incident reported from the state, officials said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea