Oil price hike: Left parties protest in Punjab
Chandigarh: Left parties Monday staged
demonstrations at their district headquarters across Punjab protesting hike in prices of petrol and other essential commodities during the UPA regime.
Activists of the CPI and the CPI (M) took out rallies
Leaders of Left parties slammed the UPA government over
its failure to contain inflation in the country.
They also demanded immediate steps to bring down the
prices of essential commodities and sought withdrawal of hike
in petrol prices.
The protest demonstrations remained peaceful with no
untoward incident reported from the state, officials said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed