Punjab Shiv Sena activist offers to hang militant Bhullar
Chandigarh: With political parties in Punjab
demanding clemency for death row convict Khalistan militant Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar, a 39-year-old Shiv Sena activist today offered his services to hang the Ultra.
Rajeev Tandon from Ludhiana moved a plea to the Prime
Minister offering his services to hang Bhullar.
"I am prepared to hang Bhullar free of cost," said
Tandon, who is also incharge of Punjab`s Shiv Sena affairs.
Targeting the political parties in Punjab over their
stand on the issue, he said: "Both the SAD and the Congress in
Punjab are siding with Bhullar keeping view the February
Assembly polls in the state," he alleged.
"It`s surprising that political leaders in Punjab want
to save Bhullar as he is a Sikh," he said.
Both Punjab Congress and the ruling Shiromani Akali
Dal want Bhullar`s death sentence to be commuted to life in
prison. Various Sikh bodies including the Dal Khalsa have
petitioned the President raised the same demand.
President Pratibha Patil had on May 26 rejected the
mercy petition of Bhullar, a member of Khalistan Liberation
Bhullar was sentenced to death by a trial court on
August 25, 2001 for plotting terror attacks on Punjab SSP
Sumedh Singh Saini in 1991 and the then Youth Congress head M
S Bitta in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief