Passports of 59 NRIs seized for harassing spouse
Jalandhar: In a bid to help Indian women
being cheated and harassed by their NRI husbands abroad, Regional Passport Office has confiscated here passports of 59 such men, an official said Thursday.
Jalandhar Passport Office had formed a `Woman Complaint Cell` to help women being harassed by their NRI husbands in February, Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
She said a Parliamentary Standing Committee had sought a
report about the working of `Woman Complaint Cell` and it had
also asked as to how many passports had been seized in such
"We have so far received 198 complains and seized
passports of 59 people in these cases. We are working on other
cases and will take action on them soon," she said.
She said such cells would help provide justice to women
being harassed by their husbands living abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali