Passports of 59 NRIs seized for harassing spouse
Jalandhar: In a bid to help Indian women
being cheated and harassed by their NRI husbands abroad, Regional Passport Office has confiscated here passports of 59 such men, an official said Thursday.
Jalandhar Passport Office had formed a `Woman Complaint Cell` to help women being harassed by their NRI husbands in February, Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
She said a Parliamentary Standing Committee had sought a
report about the working of `Woman Complaint Cell` and it had
also asked as to how many passports had been seized in such
"We have so far received 198 complains and seized
passports of 59 people in these cases. We are working on other
cases and will take action on them soon," she said.
She said such cells would help provide justice to women
being harassed by their husbands living abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'