Passports of 59 NRIs seized for harassing spouse
Jalandhar: In a bid to help Indian women
being cheated and harassed by their NRI husbands abroad, Regional Passport Office has confiscated here passports of 59 such men, an official said Thursday.
Jalandhar Passport Office had formed a `Woman Complaint Cell` to help women being harassed by their NRI husbands in February, Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
She said a Parliamentary Standing Committee had sought a
report about the working of `Woman Complaint Cell` and it had
also asked as to how many passports had been seized in such
"We have so far received 198 complains and seized
passports of 59 people in these cases. We are working on other
cases and will take action on them soon," she said.
She said such cells would help provide justice to women
being harassed by their husbands living abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what