Passports of 59 NRIs seized for harassing spouse
Jalandhar: In a bid to help Indian women
being cheated and harassed by their NRI husbands abroad, Regional Passport Office has confiscated here passports of 59 such men, an official said Thursday.
Jalandhar Passport Office had formed a `Woman Complaint Cell` to help women being harassed by their NRI husbands in February, Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
She said a Parliamentary Standing Committee had sought a
report about the working of `Woman Complaint Cell` and it had
also asked as to how many passports had been seized in such
"We have so far received 198 complains and seized
passports of 59 people in these cases. We are working on other
cases and will take action on them soon," she said.
She said such cells would help provide justice to women
being harassed by their husbands living abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter