PCC official writes to Sonia demanding Amarinder`s removal
Jalandhar: Alleging that Congress was in its "worst situation" in Punjab after the recent Assembly poll defeat, a PCC office bearer here has written to the party president Sonia Gandhi, demanding removal of the state Congress chief Amarinder Singh.
"Singh`s removal is a necessity, given the situation Congress is currently facing in Punjab. If the leadership change is not effected, the party will not be able to return to power in the state in another 50 years," a letter addressed to Gandhi by the PCC secretary said.
"After the defeat in the Assembly elections, Congress leaders and party workers have started losing confidence in the chief. The trusted aides of Amarinder were the first ones to leave the party and join Akali Dal and BJP," he claimed.
The letter also stated when Amarinder had led the party for the first time in 2002, when Congress came to power owing to an "anti-Akali Dal wave", he was made the chief minister after which he allegedly "never let the party stabilise under his leadership".
"It was necessary that Amarinder is removed and a leader be installed who is able to take everyone along...All those who left the party have accused Amarinder of having a dictatorial style of functioning. If Congress is to be saved, then he needs to be removed because there is dissatisfaction among workers regarding him," the leader alleged.
He charged Amarinder also "does not have time to meet Congress workers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof