PCC official writes to Sonia demanding Amarinder`s removal
Jalandhar: Alleging that Congress was in its "worst situation" in Punjab after the recent Assembly poll defeat, a PCC office bearer here has written to the party president Sonia Gandhi, demanding removal of the state Congress chief Amarinder Singh.
"Singh`s removal is a necessity, given the situation Congress is currently facing in Punjab. If the leadership change is not effected, the party will not be able to return to power in the state in another 50 years," a letter addressed to Gandhi by the PCC secretary said.
"After the defeat in the Assembly elections, Congress leaders and party workers have started losing confidence in the chief. The trusted aides of Amarinder were the first ones to leave the party and join Akali Dal and BJP," he claimed.
The letter also stated when Amarinder had led the party for the first time in 2002, when Congress came to power owing to an "anti-Akali Dal wave", he was made the chief minister after which he allegedly "never let the party stabilise under his leadership".
"It was necessary that Amarinder is removed and a leader be installed who is able to take everyone along...All those who left the party have accused Amarinder of having a dictatorial style of functioning. If Congress is to be saved, then he needs to be removed because there is dissatisfaction among workers regarding him," the leader alleged.
He charged Amarinder also "does not have time to meet Congress workers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues