PS Gill resigns from advisor`s post
Moga: Former Punjab DGP PS Gill, who held the post of advisor to the State Department of Home and Justice, has resigned after the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal
nominated him as a candidate from Moga constituency for the upcoming state Assembly polls.
"I have resigned from the post (which he held in honorary capacity) after my name was announced as SAD candidate," Gill told reporters here yesterday.
"I will first visit the Golden Temple to pay obeisance and then start my poll campaign here," Gill said.
SAD had yesterday released the first list of 48 candidates, including Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who will contest the upcoming Assembly poll in Punjab.
Of the total 117 Assembly seats, SAD will contest from 94 seats and remaining 23 seats will be contested by its ally BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed