Punjab Congress MLAs meet Sonia, discuss state
Amritsar: A delegation of Congress MLAs from Punjab met party president Sonia Gandhi at New Delhi to apprise her on the state of affairs in Punjab.
The delegation led by Sunil Jakhar submitted a memorandum on issues like relief package to drought-hit farmers, demand for a CBI inquiry on siphoning of central funds by state government and implementation of UID project in all central schemes.
During their meeting with Sonia, Jakhar also stressed on the need to provide relief to small businessmen and industrialists by providing a profitable package to them.
He claimed the SAD-led government was insensitive to the woes of industrialists, forcing them to migrate from Punjab.
Jakhar also requested Gandhi to consider enhancement of Minimum Support Price (MSP) of paddy, wheat, maize and other crops keeping in view the increase in production cost due to rise in diesel prices and other farm inputs.
He also requested Gandhi to take up the issue of rise in MSP of paddy on priority with the Agricultural Minister as the crop is due to arrive in market this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city