Punjab Congress MLAs meet Sonia, discuss state
Amritsar: A delegation of Congress MLAs from Punjab met party president Sonia Gandhi at New Delhi to apprise her on the state of affairs in Punjab.
The delegation led by Sunil Jakhar submitted a memorandum on issues like relief package to drought-hit farmers, demand for a CBI inquiry on siphoning of central funds by state government and implementation of UID project in all central schemes.
During their meeting with Sonia, Jakhar also stressed on the need to provide relief to small businessmen and industrialists by providing a profitable package to them.
He claimed the SAD-led government was insensitive to the woes of industrialists, forcing them to migrate from Punjab.
Jakhar also requested Gandhi to consider enhancement of Minimum Support Price (MSP) of paddy, wheat, maize and other crops keeping in view the increase in production cost due to rise in diesel prices and other farm inputs.
He also requested Gandhi to take up the issue of rise in MSP of paddy on priority with the Agricultural Minister as the crop is due to arrive in market this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'