Punjab: Convict beaten to death in prison
Sangrur (Punjab): A life convict was on Thursday
beaten to death allegedly by two other inmates in Sangrur jail
here following a row over over watching a TV channel.
Bachitter Singh, a native of Gaura village, was thrashed
by Sonu Singh and Jit Singh, police said.
Accused Sonu and Jit were infuriated over viewing a
particular TV channel in jail barrack where the deceased and
accused were the inmates, Swaran Singh, Deputy Superintendent
of Police said.
The minor scuffle culminated in a severe thrashing of the
Police registered a case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder under section 304 of IPC, Singh said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today