Punjab: Convict beaten to death in prison
Sangrur (Punjab): A life convict was on Thursday
beaten to death allegedly by two other inmates in Sangrur jail
here following a row over over watching a TV channel.
Bachitter Singh, a native of Gaura village, was thrashed
by Sonu Singh and Jit Singh, police said.
Accused Sonu and Jit were infuriated over viewing a
particular TV channel in jail barrack where the deceased and
accused were the inmates, Swaran Singh, Deputy Superintendent
of Police said.
The minor scuffle culminated in a severe thrashing of the
Police registered a case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder under section 304 of IPC, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi