Punjab: Convict beaten to death in prison
Sangrur (Punjab): A life convict was on Thursday
beaten to death allegedly by two other inmates in Sangrur jail
here following a row over over watching a TV channel.
Bachitter Singh, a native of Gaura village, was thrashed
by Sonu Singh and Jit Singh, police said.
Accused Sonu and Jit were infuriated over viewing a
particular TV channel in jail barrack where the deceased and
accused were the inmates, Swaran Singh, Deputy Superintendent
of Police said.
The minor scuffle culminated in a severe thrashing of the
Police registered a case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder under section 304 of IPC, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?