Punjab: Convict beaten to death in prison
Sangrur (Punjab): A life convict was on Thursday
beaten to death allegedly by two other inmates in Sangrur jail
here following a row over over watching a TV channel.
Bachitter Singh, a native of Gaura village, was thrashed
by Sonu Singh and Jit Singh, police said.
Accused Sonu and Jit were infuriated over viewing a
particular TV channel in jail barrack where the deceased and
accused were the inmates, Swaran Singh, Deputy Superintendent
of Police said.
The minor scuffle culminated in a severe thrashing of the
Police registered a case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder under section 304 of IPC, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi