Punjab: Convict beaten to death in prison
Sangrur (Punjab): A life convict was on Thursday
beaten to death allegedly by two other inmates in Sangrur jail
here following a row over over watching a TV channel.
Bachitter Singh, a native of Gaura village, was thrashed
by Sonu Singh and Jit Singh, police said.
Accused Sonu and Jit were infuriated over viewing a
particular TV channel in jail barrack where the deceased and
accused were the inmates, Swaran Singh, Deputy Superintendent
of Police said.
The minor scuffle culminated in a severe thrashing of the
Police registered a case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder under section 304 of IPC, Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?