`Punjab govt diverting attention by asking for financial autonomy`
Chandigarh: Congress on Tuesday accused the Punjab government of lacking vision and commitment to drive the state out of "clogged situation" on development front, saying the SAD-BJP regime is diverting attention from real issues by asking for more financial autonomy.
"SAD-BJP government in Punjab lacks vision, commitment and any long term policy to drive the state out of clogged situation on development and economic front.
"The ruling alliance is diverting the attention from real issues by making frivolous statements on asking more financial autonomy to states," Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa said in a release issued here.
He also took at a dig at `Chintan Shivar` organised by SAD at Goa, alleging that the ruling alliance had failed in addressing burning issues of the state.
"Goa Sammelan of SAD-BJP is an exercise to promote casino culture and appeasing BJP MLAs who are reduced to non-entities in the government," said Bajwa.
Stating that the industry was shifting to other places due to lack of investor friendly policy, Bajwa said that SAD never opposed economic packages given to hilly states when NDA was in the power at the Centre.
Bajwa further said that he would meet Prime Minister along with party MPs to seek Rs 5,000 crores package for crop diversification for Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’