`Punjab govt diverting attention by asking for financial autonomy`
Chandigarh: Congress on Tuesday accused the Punjab government of lacking vision and commitment to drive the state out of "clogged situation" on development front, saying the SAD-BJP regime is diverting attention from real issues by asking for more financial autonomy.
"SAD-BJP government in Punjab lacks vision, commitment and any long term policy to drive the state out of clogged situation on development and economic front.
"The ruling alliance is diverting the attention from real issues by making frivolous statements on asking more financial autonomy to states," Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa said in a release issued here.
He also took at a dig at `Chintan Shivar` organised by SAD at Goa, alleging that the ruling alliance had failed in addressing burning issues of the state.
"Goa Sammelan of SAD-BJP is an exercise to promote casino culture and appeasing BJP MLAs who are reduced to non-entities in the government," said Bajwa.
Stating that the industry was shifting to other places due to lack of investor friendly policy, Bajwa said that SAD never opposed economic packages given to hilly states when NDA was in the power at the Centre.
Bajwa further said that he would meet Prime Minister along with party MPs to seek Rs 5,000 crores package for crop diversification for Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla