`Punjab govt diverting attention by asking for financial autonomy`
Chandigarh: Congress on Tuesday accused the Punjab government of lacking vision and commitment to drive the state out of "clogged situation" on development front, saying the SAD-BJP regime is diverting attention from real issues by asking for more financial autonomy.
"SAD-BJP government in Punjab lacks vision, commitment and any long term policy to drive the state out of clogged situation on development and economic front.
"The ruling alliance is diverting the attention from real issues by making frivolous statements on asking more financial autonomy to states," Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa said in a release issued here.
He also took at a dig at `Chintan Shivar` organised by SAD at Goa, alleging that the ruling alliance had failed in addressing burning issues of the state.
"Goa Sammelan of SAD-BJP is an exercise to promote casino culture and appeasing BJP MLAs who are reduced to non-entities in the government," said Bajwa.
Stating that the industry was shifting to other places due to lack of investor friendly policy, Bajwa said that SAD never opposed economic packages given to hilly states when NDA was in the power at the Centre.
Bajwa further said that he would meet Prime Minister along with party MPs to seek Rs 5,000 crores package for crop diversification for Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'