Punjab govt finalises blueprint for governance reforms
Chandigarh: Putting all land records
online, setting outreach centre in all police stations to
improve interface with people and a host of other steps will
be implemented by March next year under governance reforms in
The blueprint for the reforms plan for various
departments including Revenue, Local Government and Police was
finalised at a meeting here today, attended by Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal among others, an official
spokesman said here.
The meeting decided to put all the land records online
by March enabling the land owners to access their account
details at any place. Print outs of the land related documents
would be also be available at the rate of Rs 20 per page, the
spokesman said adding that all the registration offices in the
state would be e-linked.
Financial Commissioner Revenue Romilla Dubey said that
simplification of archaic revenue laws including those
relating to partition inheritance and tenancy was going side
by side to minimise the discretion of government authorities.
She said that these amendments would decrease
litigation besides empowering citizens by making the whole
The meeting also decided to set up a network of E-Sewa
Kendras in all the tehsils by March next year where the
citizens would be able to get various services including those
related to payment of water and electricity bills, payment of
property tax, filing of applications for new water and
sewerage action, sanction of building plans and making
requests for spray and fogging.
The spokesman said that the network would be set up on
the pattern of Karnataka Model where the services would be
available in sir conditioned environment from 8 AM to 8 PM on
all 7 days.
To effective communicate with people, police outreach
centres wil be set up at each station, besides community
police resource centres in all the 90 tehsils and the district
These centres would be manned by civil cadre of Punjab
Police being created specifically for them.
These centres would provide single window services
including verification for arms licenses, passport, permission
for religious or political functions, permission of loud
speaker, request for security for functions, character
verification and verifications of registration of vehicles.
They would also have counselling centres for women in
distress and women facing matrimonial problems, he said,
adding online registration of FIRs, besides viewing the
progress of registered FIRs online would be the next step.
Representative of various multinational companies
including Microsoft, HCL, public sector undertaking ITI and
DEOLETTE gave presentations on proposed solutions for
undertaking these administrative reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India