Punjab govt may consider making girls` education free: Sukhbir Badal
Amritsar: Punjab, Deputy Chief Minister Punjab Sukhbir Badal on Tuesday his government may consider making free girls education in government schools.
He said the government would look into the matter and may reconsider the decision to reimpose fees for girls education in government schools so that maximum poor girls could attain get education.
Sukhbir was replying to reporters` questions after his relection as President of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Talking about flood-hit areas of Punjab where hundreds of people living in temporary and mud-build houses, he said government would do the needful for them on a priority basis and he himself would take stock of the situation.
He said the bureaucratic machinery was already on the job in this regard.
He said Punjab government would bring new developmental projects exclusively for Amritsar to the tune of Rs.400 crore in the next two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'