Punjab govt may consider making girls` education free: Sukhbir Badal
Amritsar: Punjab, Deputy Chief Minister Punjab Sukhbir Badal on Tuesday his government may consider making free girls education in government schools.
He said the government would look into the matter and may reconsider the decision to reimpose fees for girls education in government schools so that maximum poor girls could attain get education.
Sukhbir was replying to reporters` questions after his relection as President of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Talking about flood-hit areas of Punjab where hundreds of people living in temporary and mud-build houses, he said government would do the needful for them on a priority basis and he himself would take stock of the situation.
He said the bureaucratic machinery was already on the job in this regard.
He said Punjab government would bring new developmental projects exclusively for Amritsar to the tune of Rs.400 crore in the next two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal