Punjab govt may consider making girls` education free: Sukhbir Badal
Amritsar: Punjab, Deputy Chief Minister Punjab Sukhbir Badal on Tuesday his government may consider making free girls education in government schools.
He said the government would look into the matter and may reconsider the decision to reimpose fees for girls education in government schools so that maximum poor girls could attain get education.
Sukhbir was replying to reporters` questions after his relection as President of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Talking about flood-hit areas of Punjab where hundreds of people living in temporary and mud-build houses, he said government would do the needful for them on a priority basis and he himself would take stock of the situation.
He said the bureaucratic machinery was already on the job in this regard.
He said Punjab government would bring new developmental projects exclusively for Amritsar to the tune of Rs.400 crore in the next two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city