Punjab govt may consider making girls` education free: Sukhbir Badal
Amritsar: Punjab, Deputy Chief Minister Punjab Sukhbir Badal on Tuesday his government may consider making free girls education in government schools.
He said the government would look into the matter and may reconsider the decision to reimpose fees for girls education in government schools so that maximum poor girls could attain get education.
Sukhbir was replying to reporters` questions after his relection as President of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Talking about flood-hit areas of Punjab where hundreds of people living in temporary and mud-build houses, he said government would do the needful for them on a priority basis and he himself would take stock of the situation.
He said the bureaucratic machinery was already on the job in this regard.
He said Punjab government would bring new developmental projects exclusively for Amritsar to the tune of Rs.400 crore in the next two months.
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview