Punjab guidelines to stop harassment of women teachers
Chandigarh: The Punjab education department has issued detailed guidelines to all the schools and district education officers in the state to take "pre-emptive" steps to check harassment of women teachers.
"The department has issued a detailed circular, as in the education department large number of female teachers have to work in schools located in remote areas especially as single teacher in primary schools," an official spokesman said here on Friday.
It becomes an added responsibility to check physical or emotional harassment of teachers and such incidents have to be tackled with "iron hand", he said.
Instructions have been issued that in remote rural villages efforts should be made not to post women teachers in schools and priority should be given to male teachers for such postings, he said.
He said that if in a village primary school, single lady teacher was posted, it should be located in `Aanganwari` centre and if such schools were away from the centres, village Panchayat should be requested to shift the school to a suitable location.
The instructions said that lady teacher should not be asked to sit in the office during the odd hours before or after school timings for filling reports.
It should be ensured that no single lady teacher is posted in schools where all teachers are male.
Members of management committees or panchayats should not pass any objectionable comments on lady teachers and at the time of closing of school, principal and management would exercise vigil to ensure that no one harasses the teacher outside the school, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal