Punjab hospital refutes charges of organs harvest
Patiala: The state-owned Government Rajindera Hospital (GRH) on Wednesday refuted allegations levelled by parents of an eight-year-old British Sikh schoolgirl that her organs were extracted during post-mortem.
The Medical Superintendent of the hospital Dr Vijay Sharda said that organs and viscera of the deceased, Gurkiran Kaur, were sent for further examination to histology and pathology department of Government Medical College (GMC), Patiala.
"As per post-mortem report, the time between death and post-mortem examination was about 4 days," Sharda said.
He said that the body of Gurkiran was brought by the Khanna police on April 6 and after receiving a post-mortem request, a four-member board comprising Dr Surinder Singh (Forensic Medicine), Dr R P S Sibia (Medicine), Dr Anil Suri (Pathgology) and Dr Ashok Kumar (Microbiolgy) was formed by the Principal of GMC.
The medical history of the deceased showed it was a case of `Tetrology of Fallout` (Congenital Heart Malformation) and she was operated twice in the UK for it, Sharda added.
"The deceased` heart, both the lungs and the whole brain were sent for Histopathological examination in the pathology department of GMC and stomach and part of small intestine along with their contents, part of liver, spleen and half of each kidney was sent to chemical examiner at Kharar for their chemical analysis," the Medical Superintendent said.
Dr Manjit Singh Bal, Head of Pathothology department of GMC, Patiala who examined the heart of the minor, said that they found that size of her heart was above normal.
Birmingham-born Gurkiren Kaur Loyal fell ill on a family holiday in Punjab in April and was being treated for dehydration at a clinic in Khanna, Punjab.
Her parents on Monday at London have alleged that medical staff at Khanna reportedly gave her a "mystery injection".
The mother of deceased, Amrit Kaur Loyal feared that her daughter may have been a victim of a failed attempt to harvest organs.
They have alleged that her body was later transferred to Rajendra Hospital in Patiala, where it is believed her organs were removed during a post-mortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged