Punjab local bodies to implement e-tendering from Sept 1
Chandigarh: All the tenders of local bodies
in Punjab will go online from September 1, to reduce the
unnecessary paper work and save time.
Announcing this here today, Industries and Commerce
Minister Local Government Manoranjan Kalia said e-tendering is
being introduced to bring transparency in tendering process.
"e-tendering system will be implemented for various types
of contracts for developmental works, procurements of goods
and services in the department of local government to obtain
most-competitive and suitable bids from bidders," he said.
e-tendering will shorten the procurement cycle, ensure
ease of operation for organisation and to vendors as well
without compromising on required procedures, Kalia said.
He said this automation would drastically reduce use of
paper work and will bring down expenditure incurred on
publication of large size tender notices.
"Most important aspect is that contractors are no more
required to come to office for tendering process. Tender
documents would be available for sale online and would also be
received online," he said.
To make the task easier, Punjab Infotech has been roped
in to provide facilitation services through partnership with
ITI Ltd, which is a Central government organisation.
E-tendering would be made effective in all municipal
corporations and Punjab Water Supply and Sewerage Board
Kalia said that all tenders amounting above Rs 10 lakh
would be available online on the portal from September 1,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city