Punjab police foil terror conspiracy in Amritsar
Amritsar: Punjab police on Saturday averted a major terror conspiracy when they recovered a car full of explosives in Amritsar.
According to media reports, police recovered 10 detonators, RDX and an LPG cylinder from a Maruti 800 car with a fake Delhi registration number DEL-5554. The car was parked at a crowded place outside Amritsar railway station.
Punjab police have claimed the entire conspiracy to be a terror bid. Further the Punjab police suspects the pro-Khalistan groups behind this plot.
Looking at the gravity of the situation, police have cordoned out the entire area.
No terror organisation has so far claimed the responsibility and further investigation into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh