Punjab police foil terror conspiracy in Amritsar
Amritsar: Punjab police on Saturday averted a major terror conspiracy when they recovered a car full of explosives in Amritsar.
According to media reports, police recovered 10 detonators, RDX and an LPG cylinder from a Maruti 800 car with a fake Delhi registration number DEL-5554. The car was parked at a crowded place outside Amritsar railway station.
Punjab police have claimed the entire conspiracy to be a terror bid. Further the Punjab police suspects the pro-Khalistan groups behind this plot.
Looking at the gravity of the situation, police have cordoned out the entire area.
No terror organisation has so far claimed the responsibility and further investigation into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj