Punjab: Turban of cop burnt in court premises
Mohali: A woman on Monday burnt the turban of a jailed head constable in `Bakshi Khana` (make shift jail) after an altercation in the court premises here, police said.
Amit Kamboj, facing 35 different cases, was brought to Mohali court from Patiala, when the woman, Ritu, who too had remained in jail in connection with a certain case, asked the police that she wanted to meet him, SP Harpreet Singh said.
When the woman reached the make shift jail, she had a quarrel with head constable Balwinder Singh after which she pulled his turban and threw a burning match stick at it, he said.
The turban got partially burnt, but Singh was not injured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed