Punjab: Turban of cop burnt in court premises
Mohali: A woman on Monday burnt the turban of a jailed head constable in `Bakshi Khana` (make shift jail) after an altercation in the court premises here, police said.
Amit Kamboj, facing 35 different cases, was brought to Mohali court from Patiala, when the woman, Ritu, who too had remained in jail in connection with a certain case, asked the police that she wanted to meet him, SP Harpreet Singh said.
When the woman reached the make shift jail, she had a quarrel with head constable Balwinder Singh after which she pulled his turban and threw a burning match stick at it, he said.
The turban got partially burnt, but Singh was not injured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’