Rain claims six lives in Amritsar
Amritsar: Six persons were killed in the incessant rains here in the last three days, officials said.
Three persons, including a six-month-old child, died when a rented accommodation in which they were living in Bangla Basti near the Gate Hakima here collapsed last evening, police said.
The victims in Bangla Basti were identified as Vansh (six months), Malti (30) and Chameli Devi (60).
In another incident, a woman Meena (26) died when a building collapsed in New Jawahar Nagar area located on the Batala road, they said.
In another incident at village Banga, two minor children - Priya (11) and Meetu (16) - were killed, while Ajaypal Singh (10) and his grandmother Bachan Kaur were admitted to hospital in serious condition after a temporary mud roof collapsed on them last night.
An old structure at Kulfiyan Wali Gali in the Sultanwind area was reportedly collapsed due to heavy rains. However, no one was injured in the incident.
The number of unsafe structures had risen from 136 to 159 buildings, both residential and commercial, and majority of these are in the walled city, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation DPS Kharbanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'